6.23.2011

JuJu Hat...



What is that you ask? I didn't know either until last week when I posted the Sunny Side and one of the readers said she love it over the fireplace and another asked what it was. I didn't know so I looked it up and thanks to Google and Google images I found out what they were and that they are popular design accessories that add a whimsical pop of color to any home. What do you think...do you like them or not? 

Cameroonian JuJu Hats
During royal court affairs, tribal chiefs and dignitaries in the Cameroonian kingdoms wear a spectacular headdress known as the tyn, or juju hat. The feathers are symbolic of prosperity, and represent the wealth of positive qualities associated with birds. The pieces, which are woven onto a raffia base, splay out into huge circles and make impactuful wall art.

courtesy: google images

10 comments:

butiksofie said...

This interior design is awsome! Thanks for sharing this! Hughs Anja

Rosa @ Flutter Flutter said...

I love them! But not the price... so I made a DIY tutorial on my blog so you can get the look for less!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

they are very fun! I think I like them in white the best...they look like a huge powder puff!

ejlynn said...

Soooo fluffy!!!

Nancy @ dream it ... build it...style it! said...

I first discovered the juju hat on Dear Genevieve (HGTV) in February. Since then I've been dreaming about it! I love the look and the cultural meaning of the hat.

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

Very nice blog. Glad I found you and now following you

Covet Decor said...

Just like Nancy - I first saw one of these on Dear Genevieve earlier this year and have been lusting after one since then. I love the subtle texture and pop of color they can inject into a room.

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS POST!!!!

Follow my blog www.mikelmaiadesigns.blogspot.com

DailyGlamour said...

I'm in love i love your blog a lot of idea !

Wall fountains said...

This is the first time I am seeing Juju hats. It looks fabulous as a wall decor